Targeted Marketing Consultant Job Description
The South Orange Maplewood Community Coalition on Race is seeking a paid, part-time Marketing Consultant to help develop and execute targeted marketing strategies that reach and attract prospective residents of color to the South Orange - Maplewood community. The ideal candidate will have both media planning experience, with an emphasis on digital media, and hands-on campaign design and execution expertise across digital channels (SEM, Paid Social, Programmatic). Length of engagement would be approximately 6 to 12 months, during which the consultant is expected to develop a marketing strategy and execute it. Compensation will be based on a fixed monthly retainer, with an average of 32 hours a month to be devoted to account work. Ideally, candidate lives in the South Orange/Maplewood area.
The 2016 Demographic Changes in South Orange and Maplewood Study completed by the Community Coalition on Race revealed that “there is now a distinct trend in the increase of White in-movers in SOMA (South Orange/Maplewood), an increase in Asian and Hispanic in-movers, and a decrease in Black in-movers… (So)The question for SOMA is how do we stay competitive in attracting and retaining non-white populations (especially Black in-movers) and maintain the diversity that we cherish as we face the ‘white re-entry’ phenomenon?”
The Community Coalition on Race has conducted audience research to better define and understand the target market, as well as key messaging points. Now, we are looking for a multi-faceted marketing expert who can take this work and use it to develop and execute an effective strategy to help us reach and attract potential Black in-movers to our community.
- Identification of ideal audience and distillation into targetable persona(s)
- Development of strategy, messaging and campaign(s) for reaching target audience
- Develop creative assets for campaign(s) in collaboration with Coalition Marketing Committee
- Media planning with an emphasis on digital channels
- Placement, management, and tracking of campaigns (execution)
- Development of metrics to evaluate and optimize campaign effectiveness
- Multicultural marketing experience
- Hands-on execution and management of digital campaigns with measurable results across multiple channels, including Facebook, Instagram, SEM, SEO and Email
- Proven track record of success in driving both awareness and lead generation through targeted marketing campaigns
- Ability to create/design assets for use in digital marketing campaigns (skilled at Photoshop and copywriting)
If you’re interested, please contact Audrey Rowe at email@example.com. Please include a resume.