Looking for a new place to settle?
We would be delighted to send you information about our two towns–we can even arrange a tour of the neighborhoods and community highlights–just fill out the Contact Us form!
We may as well admit it—we’re not exactly objective about our towns. There are 17 beautiful parks with ball fields, tennis courts, playgrounds, jogging paths, great sledding, and each town has a community pool. Both towns border the South Mountain Reservation—a 2020 acre preserve with hiking and biking trails. Residents refer to the down-towns of South Orange and Maplewood each quaintly as ‘The Village.’ Take the train to either of ‘The Villages’ to visit our wonderful stores, restaurants, arts centers, and take a walk through our neighborhoods to see the range and beauty of our homes!
Of course, we believe they’re among the best-kept secret, choice communities in the metro area, but we’re always eager to share our hometowns with expectant newcomers! South Orange and Maplewood have so much to offer….
- Coffee houses, diners, ethnic restaurants, pubs, and fine gourmet dining offer everything from morning coffee and bagels to late night cafe latte.
- Town recreation departments offer after-school, vacation, academic and sports programs for pre-school and school-age children.
- Beautiful parks and the South Mountain Reservation
- Community pools, public and private tennis courts, basketball, bocce and paddle tennis courts, and a private golf course.
- Art galleries, an Artist’s Network, and performance spaces.
- Movie Theaters
- SOPAC, a performing arts center
- Seton Hall University
- Three libraries in the two towns—plus a borrowing agreement with universities and other libraries—meet all of your reading and research needs.
- Choice of gourmet grocers, supermarkets, specialty food stores, and prepared foods.
- In the summer, two Farmer’s Markets offer the best in NJ Fresh produce and flowers.
- Town shops answer your needs: antiques, book stores, sophisticated gifts, pet stores, clothing, art supplies, bakeries, office and school supplies, toys, hair salons, flowers, eye glasses, pharmacies, hobbies, and more.
- Additional fine shopping at choice of Short Hills and Livingston Malls – just minutes away.
- Nearly 30 neighborhood associations preserve “over the back fence” neighborliness and community.
- Four university-affiliated medical facilities within fifteen minutes.