As we approach the close of another transformative year, we are reaching out to you with a heartfelt invitation to become a supporter of the South Orange/Maplewood Community Coalition on Race. We've made significant strides over the past year:
- We hosted the Deconstructing Racism Series which brought people together to grow in their anti-racism journeys
- We completed 5 Wealth Gap Equalizer Loans for first-time homebuyers of color moving to SOMA to support neighborhood integration
- We held monthly Integrated Art Circles that supported cross-race relationship building
- We gave parents and teachers strategies at a Talking to Children about Race workshop
- Plus, we convened hundreds of people to honor Dr. King, learn about the racial wealth gap at Conversations on Race, and become better informed about affordable housing at a Town Hall on Housing, Development, and Impacts in SOMA.
While we celebrate these accomplishments, we recognize that there is much work left to be done. Your continued support is crucial as we embark on new initiatives and strengthen existing programs. In 2024, we are focusing developing anti-racism trainings for leaders, local organizations, and businesses; targeted marketing to strengthen our community diversity; and many workshops, conversations, and gatherings throughout the year that bring people together learn, build bonds, and address racial equity issues. Your donation will directly support our initiatives, allowing us to break down barriers, challenge stereotypes, and build a more inclusive community.
Help us continue to serve and to follow new pathways to racial equity and inclusion by making a secure online donation of $100, $250, $500 or more here today.
Thank you for taking the time to explore the possibility of investing in our mission.
On behalf of the Coalition on Race board of trustees,
Kelly Quirk, Chair of the Board of Trustees Nancy Gagnier, Executive Director
Donate here or mail in a check to PO Box 1309, Maplewood NJ 07040