The Community Coalition on Race is a progressive, grassroots community group committed to racial integration. It is run by a diverse part-time staff and board of trustees, and is supported by a large group of community volunteers. We have been providing Maplewood and South Orange with community marketing, problem-solving on race-related issues, and programs that bridge racial barriers for 25 years.
Volunteer/Community Outreach Coordinator
We are looking for a part-time (15 hours per week) Coordinator who shares our passion for building a truly inclusive community. You need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and community-driven to take on this exciting role. Successful candidates will be highly organized and flexible, and have strong administrative skills. Skills needed: proficiency in the entire MS Office suite; working knowledge of social media and familiarity with marketing platforms like Canva and Constant Contact; familiarity with donor/volunteer or constituent management systems; outstanding written communication and presentation skills. The position requires some of the hours to be on site in our Maplewood office. The job responsibilities are outlined below.
- Build new and support existing relationships with collaborative community partners
- Outreach by phone/email to potential volunteers
- Recruit, interview, and train volunteers
- Maintain accurate volunteer records
- Work with committee chairs and program director on volunteer needs for committees
- Support live and virtual events and programs
- Develop and post social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) for organization events; monthly e-newsletter layout
- Other duties as assigned